- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
VenaSilk Cream with Palmarosa and Elemi
VenaSilk Cream with Palmarosa and Elemi is based on our natural emulsification and conditioning system that includes Sodium Behenyl Lactylate (SBL), Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate and VenaSilk. We have combined our natural emulsification system with Shea Butter Organic, Rice Bran Oil, and our Calendula Extract OS for optimum skin softening, conditioning and moisturization. Plantago Extract provides humectancy and skin smoothing benefits. Leucidal Liquid is a natural preservative that works well in this formula. Palmarosa Essential Oil and Elemi Essential Oil combine beautifully in this balancing and rejuvenating cream.
|Distilled Water||71.5% = 357.5 grams|
|Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate (SBL)||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Behenyl Alcohol||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Glyceryl Stearate||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Shea Butter||12.0% = 60 grams|
|Rice Bran Oil||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Calendula Extract OS||2.0% = 10 grams|
|VenaSilk||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Leucidal Liquid||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Palmarosa Essential Oil||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Elemi Essential Oil||0.5% = 2.5 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
- In Part A: Heat to 170 - 175F.
- In Part B: Weigh VenaSilk and set aside. Combine remainder of Part B ingredients and heat to 175F. Remove from heat. Add VenaSilk immediately to hot melted oils/lipids - gently mixing.
- Add Part A to B with mixing - stick blender or standard lab mixer work well. Continue to mix until emulsion forms and thickens.
- In Part C - Weigh and add ingredients when temperature has cooled to 50C/122F (or less). Mix well until completely cool.
High shear mixers such as a homogenizer or stick-blender can be used to create a thicker cream with a fine particle size. Propeller mixers or beaters or a hand-held whisk can be used to created a thinner cream.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/