- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Sugarmulse & Shea Butter Cream with Avena Oat Extract WS (Recipe)
Our Sugarmulse & Shea Butter Cream with Avena Oat Extract offers the ultimate in skin hydration and conditioning. SugarMulse is a natural, plant based emulsifier for this silky conditioning cream. We have combined Shea Butter, Marula Oil, and Botanical Complex LSC to replenish, nourish and condition skin. Avena Oat Extract offers excellent hydration and moisturization. Our all natural Anahata PhytoScented Botanical Extract provides a lovely soft fragrance as well as skin care benefits. Together, these ingredients provide the optimum in skin softening, conditioning and moisturization in a silky soft cream.
This easy, but elegant recipe will make 250 grams or approximately 8 oz. of cream.
This formula was created by using percentages and weight measurements in grams. For the convenience of those who are just beginning to make toiletries, we have provided the approximate fluid/dry measurements as listed.
|Distilled Water||63.2% = 158 grams = 3/4 cup|
|SugarMulse||7.0% = 17.5 grams = 2 tblsp.|
|Shea Butter||10.0% = 25 grams = 2 tblsp.|
|Marula Oil||4.0% = 10 grams = 1 tblsp.|
|Botanical Complex LSC||3.0% = 7.5 grams = 2 tsp.|
|Fractionated Coconut Oil||8.0% = 20 grams = 2 tblsp.|
|Vitapherol T50||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|HEC||0.3% = 0.75 grams = 1/4 tsp|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2tsp.|
|Anahata PSBE||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|Avena Oat Extract WS||1.5% = 3.75 = 3/4 tsp.|
|Total||100.0% = 250 grams|
- Part A: Using a stainless steel pot, heat Distilled Water to 175F.
- Part B: Using a stainless steel pot, combine all ingredients except for HEC and heat to 175F. Remove from heat and disperse HEC into hot oils.
- Add Part A to B with mixing (whisk or mini-mixer or stickblender). Cool to 100F/37.7C (or less) with mixing (switch to whisk or stir tool).
- Part C: Add to emulsion when temperature is 100F/37.7C (or less). Mix well with whisk or stir tool until completely cool. Package.
High shear mixers such as a stick-blender can be used to create a thicker cream. Propeller mixers or beaters or a hand-held whisk can be also be used to make this recipe.