- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Soothing and Smoothing Shea Scrub
Shea Butter is known for its excellent emolliency and skin conditioning qualities. In this formula, shea butter is combined with Cetyl Alcohol, Fractionated Coconut Oil and Cromollient SCE to create a luscious, thick and creamy blend. When salts are added, we have a body polishing scrub that leaves skin silky smooth and soft!
|Shea Butter||23.0% = 115 grams|
|Cetyl Alcohol||22.0% = 110 grams|
|Fractionated Coconut Oil||48.0% = 240 grams|
|Tocopherol||1.0% = 5 grams|
|FO/EO||3.0% = 15 grams|
|**Cromollient SCE||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
|Note: * Salts = 500 grams|
Procedure: Heat shea butter, cetyl alcohol, and fractionated coconut oil until melted. Remove from heat and add tocopherol. Stir continuously until mixture begins to solidify. Add salts and continue to mix. When mixture is cool (less than 50C/122F), add eo/fo, Cromollient SCE, and preservative if desired. If a preservative is used, we recommend LiquiPar Optima or Optiphen at 1%.
* Please note: The salts are not calculated as part of the formulation. They are added at a 1/1 ratio (by weight) to the formulation, which in this case would be 500grams.
** AquaEm or polysorbate 20 may be substituted for Cromollient SCE.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/