- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Silky Soft SugarMulse Lotion
Silky Soft SugarMulse Lotion is skin-softening with a silky feel. SugarMulse™ emulsions are bright white, have excellent stability and lovely rheology.
Organic Golden Jojoba Oil, Organic Shea Butter, and Calendula Extract OS condition and smooth dry skin. Avena Oat Extract WS offers superb moisturization and conditioning.
Leucidal Liquid is a plant based preservative that is most active against bacteria. Microguard is an excellent food grade preservative that is most active against mold and yeast. Together these two preservatives provide a broad based antimicrobial system. Rosemary Antioxidant CO2 is an excellent antioxidant and offers some antimicrobial activity as well.
All ingredients work together to make a light, but conditioning lotion with a soft non-greasy feel.
|SugarMulse||4.0% = 20 grams|
|Organic Golden Jojoba Oil||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Organic Shea Butter||6.0% = 30 grams|
|Calendula Extract OS||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Coviox T-50||0.5% = 2.5 grams|
|Hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC)||0.5% = 2.5 grams|
|Distilled Water||72.4 % = 362 grams|
|Avena Oat Extract WS||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Essential Oil||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Leucidal Liquid||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Microguard||0.5% = 2.5 grams|
|Rosemary Antioxidant CO2 Extract||0.1% = 0.5 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
- In a stainless steel container, combine all ingredients in Part A (except HEC – weigh and set aside) and heat to 175F/79C (or until solids melt) on stovetop or other heat source. When solids have melted, remove from heat. Disperse HEC into hot oils.
- In a separate stainless steel container, combine all ingredients in Part B at room temperature and heat to 175F/79C.
- Add Part B to Part A and begin mixing with a high shear mixer such as a stick blender. Continue to mix as emulsion forms and cools to 120F/48C. When temperature reaches 120F/48C switch from high shear to stir tool such as hand held whisk. When emulsion cools to 100F/37C add Part C ingredients with mixing. Package in lotion bottles with pump or dispensing cap.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/