- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
SMC Taurate Soft Bubbles Shampoo
Naturally derived SMC Taurate Paste gives this formula a creamy lather as well as a pleasant, soft feel after rinse-off. GuarSilk and Raspberry Dimethicone WS offer light conditioning without compromising foam. Raspberry Dimethicone WS also functions as a solubilizer for the essential oil. Glucamate LT provides easy thickening. Silk Amino Acids will smooth and protect the hair cuticle. This easy, yet elegant formula is one of The Herbarie favorites.
|GuarSilk||0.2% = 1 grams|
|Distilled Water||45.0% = 225 grams|
|Silk Amino Acids||2.0% = 10 grams|
|SMC Taurate Paste||45.0% = 225 grams|
|Raspberry Dimethicone WS||3.0% = 15 grams|
|*Lavender Essential Oil||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Optiphen ND||0.8% = 4 grams|
|Glucamate LT||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
Procedure for cold process
- Combine GuarSilk and water while gently mixing. Continue to mix while GuarSilk hydrates completely – about 10 minutes.
- When GuarSilk has completely hydrated, add SoluSilk SF with gentle mixing. Set aside.
- Using a separate small container combine Raspberry Dimethicone WS and Lavender Essential Oil with gentle mixing – set aside.
- In a separate, heat safe container, warm SMC Taurate Paste until melted. A microwave can be used, but DO NOT overheat – only a few seconds of heating are necessary. Pour GuarSilk, water, Silk Amino Acids mixture into melted SMC Taurate stirring gently. Shampoo mixture will begin to thicken. Add Optiphen ND with gentle stirring.
- From separate small container, pour Raspberry Dimethioone WS/EO mixture into shampoo mixture.
- Slowly add Glucamate LT into Shampoo Mixture while stirring – viscosity may need to be adjusted by more or less Glucamate LT.
- Finished pH should be 5.0-5.5
Tips for shampoo/body wash
- Do not use high shear mixer!
- pay attention to pH of finished product and make sure it is around 5.5 - 6.5
- pH can effect viscosity
- fragrance oils WILL effect the formulation
- essential oils that seem to be most compatible with shampoo/body wash: geranium, peppermint, rose, sandalwood, rosemary, clary sage, myrtle, lavender, lemongrass
- solubilizers such as AquaEm, Cromollient SCE, and PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate will help to lessen the negative impact of fragrance oils and essential oils on surfactant based systems.
- Use more or less Glucamate LT as needed for thickening
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/