- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Rose Silk Cream (Recipe)
Our luscious Rose Silk Cream offers a silky smooth feel with the exquisite scent of The Herbarie's Rose PhytoScented Botanical Extract. This formula is based on our natural emulsification and conditioning system that includes Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate (SBL), Behenyl Alcohol, and Glyceryl Stearate. We have combined our natural emulsification system with luscious Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, VenaSilk and our Botanical Complex LSC for optimum skin softening, conditioning and moisturization. Our lovely Rose Hydrosol is utilized as the entire water phase in this formulation. Rose PhytoScented Botanical Extract is excellent for dry skin and lends a lovely scent to this exquisite, skin-nourishing and all-natural cream.
|Rose Hydrosol||60.4% = 151 grams = 2/3 Cup|
|Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate (SBL)||2.0% = 5 grams = 2+1/2 tsp.|
|Behenyl Alcohol||4.0% = 10 grams = 1 tbs.+2 tsp.|
|Glyceryl Stearate||2.0% = 5 grams = 2+1/2 tsp.|
|Shea Butter||10.0% = 25 grams = 2 tbs.+1/2 tsp.|
|Jojoba Oil||5.0% = 12.5 grams = 1+1/2 tsp.|
|Botanical Complex LSC||7.0% = 17.5 grams = 1 tbs.+ 1 tsp.|
|Vitapherole T50||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|VenaSilk||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 2 tsp.|
|*Leucidal Liquid||4.0% = 10 grams = 2 tsp.|
|*MicroGuard||0.6% = 1.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|Rose PhytoScented Botanical Extract||3.0% = 7.5 grams = 2 tsp.|
|Total||100.0% = 250 grams|
- Part A (water phase) - Using a stainless steel pot such as one of our beakers, heat Rose Hydrosol to 175F
- Part B (oil phase) – Using a stainless steel pot such as one of our beakers, combine Part B ingredients and heat to melt point (approximately 175F). Remove melted/hot oils from heat.
- Add preweighed/measured VenaSilk to warm oils and gently stir into oils.
- Add Part A (water phase) to Part B (oil phase). Add water very, very slowly to the hot oils, then begin mixing vigorously with stick blender or overhead mixer and continue to cool-down. Once emulsion has formed and begins to cool and thicken, switch to wire whisk or other stir tool.
- Add Part A to B and mix until cooldown. (stickblender can be used). Cool to 50C/122F (or less), add Part C and mix well until completely cool.
- Notes* Weigh and premix Leucidal Liquid and Microguard. Set aside until cooldown. Our porcelain dishes are perfect for this purpose. Be sure to incorporate completely into cool emulsion.
- Overhead propeller mixer or stickblender will work. Once cream thickens, switch to handheld wire whisk or other stir tool and stir until completely cool.
- Viscosity and particle size may vary depending on mixer. High shear mixers such as a stick-blender can be used to create a thicker cream. Propeller mixers or beaters or a hand-held whisk can be also be used to make this recipe.
- For ease and accuracy in weighing and measuring liquids we recommend our porcelain dishes.
- For ease and accuracy in weighing and measuring powders such as VenaSilk, we recommend our plastic weigh and pour boats.
- Batch can be scooped into gallon size freezer bag, sealed tightly. Allow 24 hours before dispensing into bottles or jars.
- Emulsion will be thick enough for jars, but can be packaged in bottles with pumps.
- Other essential oils can be used. Other favorites include: Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Rose Geranium
- This formula is based on The Herbarie ingredients.