- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Revitalizing Rosemary Mint Shampoo with Recipe
This elegant, but easy "cold-mix" shampoo is perfect for first-time shampoo makers! This formula is recommended for all hair types. Apple Surfactant, DLS Mild, and Foaming Oats provide good foaming with gentle cleansing. Honeyquat, Silk Amino Acids and Shea Butter WS work well together to lightly condition and leave hair sleek and soft. Rosemary and Peppermint Essential Oils have a fresh, clean scent and will also stimulate and revitalize scalp. Liquid Crothix is an excellent and easy to use thickener that also helps to condition. Leucidal Liquid SF is a natural preservative that functions very well in this formula.
All ingredients are liquid and do not require heating.
|Apple Surfactant||20% = 100 g = 8 tblesps.|
|Foaming Oats Surfactant||10% = 50 g = 4 tblesps.|
|DLS Mild||10% = 50 g = 4 tblesps.|
|Rosemary Essential Oil||0.5% = 2.5 g = 3/4 teasp.|
|Peppermint Essential Oil||0.2% = 1 g = 1/8 teasp.|
|Distilled Water||46.3% = 231.5 g = 1 cup|
|Shea Butter WS||3% = 15 g = 2 + 1/2 teasp.|
|Silk Amino Acids||2% = 10 g = 2 teasp.|
|Honeyquat||2% = 10 g = 2 teasp.|
|Leucidal Liquid SF||3% = 15 g = 3 teasp.|
|*Liquid Crothix||3% = 15 g = 2 + 1/2 teasp.|
|Total||100.0% = 500 g = approx. 16 fl. ounce|
This is an easy formula for first time formulators! Please note that our formulas are calculated by weight which is always best and most accurate. For first time formulators, we have provided an estimated recipe using fluid volume measurement.
- Combine first three ingredients and gently stir.
- Add Rosemary and Peppermint Essential Oils and gently stir until incorporated.
- Add remainder of ingredients one by one with gentle mixing after each addition.
- * If shampoo is too thin, add more Crothix Liquid.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/