- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Raspberry and Rose Natural Lotion
Raspberry and Rose in a luscious, nutrient-rich silky lotion!
Lovely Rose Hydrosol serves as the entire water phase in this formula! Skin nourishing Raspberry Seed CO2 Extract is rich essential fatty acids and antioxidants, such as gamma-tocopherol.
BTMS and HEC work together to create a stable emulsion and also provide superior conditioning and silky soft feel to skin. Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Seed High Oleic Oil and Calendula Extract OS provide nourishing skin care benefits, as well as excellent "feel and slip" in this formula. Rose Otto offers exquisite rose scent and benefits to this lovely light lotion.
|Herbarie Rose Hydrosol||76.7% = 383.5 grams|
|Tamarind Seed Extract||2.0% = 10 grams|
|BTMS||7.0% = 35 grams|
|Jojoba Oil||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Sunflower Seed High Oleic||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Calendula Extract OS||2.0% = 10 grams|
|HEC||0.3% = 15 grams|
|Raspberry Seed CO2 Extract||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Rose PhytoScented BE||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Leucidal Liquid SF||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
- In Part A, add Rose Hydrosol to heat safe container. Heat to approximately 170-175F.
- In Part B, weigh HEC and set aside. combine all other oil phase ingredients in a heat safe container and heat to approximately 170-175F. Remove from heat - disperse HEC into hot melted oil phase making sure all particles have been completely dispersed into the oils.
- Add Part A to Part B with mixing and continue to mix until emulsion cools. Add Part C with mixing when temperature is 40C/104F or less.
- Direct heat - electric hotplates or stovetops are recommended. We do not recommend using a water bath or microwave. Monitor constantly while heating.
- Our Stainless steel beakers are perfect for small lab size batches as well as batches up to 1000grams. (see Equipment and Accessories)
- HEC is not oil soluble, but by dispersing into the hot oil phase, the particles will separate and will be incorporated into the emulsion more easily. HEC will provide an emollient silkiness to this formula.
- Overhead mixer or hand held stick blender can be used. When emulsion begins to thicken, switch to a paddle attachment or hand held stir tool such as our stainless steel whips.
- Airless Containers are recommended (see Packaging and Containers)
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/