- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Raspberry Rose Moisturizing Cream
This formula features our lovely Raspberry Seed CO2 Extract and Rose Hydrosol! Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate, Glyceryl Stearate, and Behenyl Alcohol provide the emulsification system in this formula. Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil and our Botanical Complex LSC offer excellent conditioning as well as botanical benefits. Our Avena Oat Extract WS will help the skin to retain needed moisture. HEC will serve to help stabilize and enhance feel in application. This cream has a nice application and dry-down, leaving skin soft and smooth.
|Rose Hydrosol||71.7% = 358.5 grams|
|Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Glyceryl Stearate||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Behenyl Alcohol||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Jojoba Oil||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Botanical Complex LSC||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Shea Butter||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Coviox T 50||1.0% = 5 grams|
|HEC||0.3% = 1.5 grams|
|Avena Oat Extract WS||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Raspberry CO2 Extract||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Fragrance or Essential Oil (optional)|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
- Part A (water phase) - Using a stainless steel pot, heat Rose Hydrosol to 175F.
- Part B (oil phase) – Using weigh and pour boats, weigh HEC and set aside. Using a stainless steel pot, combine all other Part B ingredients and heat to melt point (approximately 175F). Remove melted/hot oils from heat. Disperse HEC into hot oils, stirring to separate particles. Add heated Part A to heated Part B with mixing until emulsion begins to form.
- Part C - Add to cooling (100F or less) emulsion with mixing.
- Distilled Water can be used instead of Rose Hydrosol.
- Overhead propeller mixer or high shear homogenizer or stickblender will work. Once cream thickens, switch to handheld wire whisk or other stir tool and stir until completely cool.
- Viscosity and particle size may vary depending on mixer.
- Batch can be scooped into gallon size freezer bag, sealed tightly. Allow 24 hours before dispensing into bottles or jars.
- Emulsion will be thick enough for jars, but can be packaged in airless containers or bottles with pumps.
- This formula is based on The Herbarie ingredients.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/