- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Plantamulse Pastilles Naturally Silky Cream (Recipe)
Plantamulse Pastilles Naturally Silky Cream conditions and soothes dry skin. Plantamulse Pastilles is the natural emulsifier for this lovely cream. As demonstrated in this formula, Plantamulse Pastilles has the ability to emulsify a very high percentage oil phase with no “whitening/soaping” effect or greasiness. Behenyl Alcohol provides stability and viscosity.
We have combined Shea Butter, Abyssinian Oil, and Botanical Complex LHC to replenish, nourish and condition skin. Avena Oat Extract WS and Botanical Complex HC offer excellent skin hydration and moisturization. Together, these ingredients provide the optimum in skin softening, conditioning and moisturization in a silky soft botanical cream.
This easy, but elegant recipe will make 500 grams or approximately 16 oz. of cream.
This formula was created by using percentages and weight measurements in grams. For the convenience of those who are just beginning to make toiletries, we have provided the approximate fluid/dry measurements as listed.
|Distilled water||45.5% = 227.5 grams = 1+1/3 cup|
|Plantamulse Pastilles||4.0% = 20 grams = 1 TBS + 1 tsp|
|Behenyl Alcohol||4.0% = 20 grams = 2 TBS + 2 tsp|
|Shea Butter||12.0% = 60 grams = 1/3 cup|
|Abyssinian Oil||10.0% = 50 grams = 4 TBS|
|Botanical Complex LHC||10.0% = 50 grams = 4 TBS|
|UltraMaize||2.0% = 10 grams = 3 TBS|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Rosemary Antiox. CO2||0.1% = 0.5 grams = 1/8 tsp.|
|Avena Oat Extract WS||5.0% = 25 grams = 2 TBS|
|Botanical Complex HC||5.0% = 25 grams = 2 TBS|
|Lavender EO||0.4% = 2 grams = 1/2 tsp|
|Rosemary EO||0.4% = 2 grams = 1/2 tsp|
|Rose Geranium EO||0.4% = 2 grams = 1/2 tsp|
|Ylang Ylang EO||0.2% = 1 grams = 1/4 tsp|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
Part A (water phase) - Using a stainless steel pot, heat distilled water to 175F.
Part B (oil phase) – Using weigh and pour boats, weigh Ultramaize and set aside. Using a stainless steel pot, combine all other Part B ingredients and heat to melt point (approximately 175F). Remove melted/hot oils from heat. Disperse Ultramaize into hot oils, stirring to separate particles.
- Overhead propeller mixer or high shear homogenizer or stickblender will work. Once cream thickens, switch to handheld wire whisk or other stir tool and stir until completely cool.
- Viscosity and particle size may vary depending on mixer.
- Batch can be scooped into gallon size freezer bag, sealed tightly. Allow 24 hours before dispensing into bottles or jars.
- Emulsion will be thick enough for jars, but can be packaged in airless containers or bottles with pumps.
- This formula is based on The Herbarie ingredients.