- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Plantamulse Pastilles Lavender Soothing Lotion
All natural Plantamulse Pastilles is the complete emulsifier in this very stable and silky smooth emulsion. Shea Butter, Calendula Extract OS, Abyssinian Oil and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil offer soothing emolliency. The Herbarie’s Lavender Hydrosol and Aloe Vera 100% Liquid are utilized as the entire water phase of this formula. HEC (Hydroxyethyl Cellulose) builds viscosity through the water phase and adds a nice feel in application. Our preservative system for this formula includes Leucidal Liquid and Microguard as the primary antimicrobials along with Rosemary Antioxidant CO2 Extract and Lavender Essential Oil. Rosemary CO2 Extract also serves as the powerful antioxidant in the formula and Lavender EO is valued for its fresh clean scent as well as its benefits to skin. This natural system works synergistically to soothe, moisturize, and condition skin - without greasiness and “soaping/whitening effect” - and leaves skin fabulously soft and silky. The finished emulsion is medium to low viscosity and could function as a skin care serum or light lotion especially nice in summer, but lovely to use any time of the year.
This easy, but elegant recipe will make 500 grams or approximately 16 oz. of lotion.
This formula was created by using percentages and weight measurements in grams. For the convenience of those who are just beginning to make toiletries, we have provided the approximate fluid/dry measurements as listed.
|Lavender Hydrosol||70.4% = 352 grams = 1 cup+2/3 cup|
|Aloe Vera 100% Liquid||10.0% = 50 grams = 1/4 cup|
|Plantamulse Pastilles||3.0% = 15 grams = 2 TBS|
|Shea butter||3.0% = 15 grams = 2 TBS|
|Abyssinian Oil||3.0% = 15 grams = 2 TBS|
|Extra Virgin Coconut Oil||3.0% = 15 grams = 2 TBS|
|Calendula Extract OS||3.0% = 15 grams = 2 TBS|
|HEC||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Leucidal Liquid||2.0% = 10 grams = 2 tsp.|
|Microguard||0.5% = 2.5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Rosemary CO2 Extract||0.1% = 0.5 grams = 1/8 tsp.|
|Lavender Essential Oil||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
Part A (water phase) - Using a stainless steel pot, heat distilled Part A to 175F.
Part B (oil phase) – Using weigh and pour boats, weigh HEC and set aside. Using a stainless steel pot, combine all other Part B ingredients and heat to melt point (approximately 175F). Remove melted/hot oils from heat. Disperse HEC into hot oils, stirring to separate particles.
- Overhead propeller mixer or high shear homogenizer or stickblender will work. Once emulsion thickens, switch to handheld wire whisk or other stir tool and stir until completely cool.
- Viscosity and particle size may vary depending on mixer.
- Batch can be scooped into gallon size freezer bag, sealed tightly. Allow 24 hours before dispensing into bottles or jars.
- Emulsion will be low to medium viscosity and suitable for a serum or lotion in a dispensing bottle or pump.
- This formula is based on The Herbarie ingredients.
- Fluid and volume is approximate. For greater accuracy use weight in grams.