- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Plantamulse Pastilles Chamomile Rose Cream
PlantaMulse Pastilles™ is the emulsifier for our naturally soothing Chamomile Rose Cream. This all natural, plant-based, PEG-free emulsifier and emollient offers exceptional softness and conditioning. When combined with Behenyl Alcohol a very stable, smooth white emulsion is the result. UltraMaize will help to build viscosity and stability as well as provide sensory characteristics from the water phase. Chamomile Hydrosol and Rose Hydrosol, provide soothing and gently astringent qualities while The Herbarie Rose PhytoScented Botanical Extract lends a lovely rose scent. Organic Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Calendula Extract OS, and Chamomile German SE CO2 Extract combine to nourish, soothe and condition. As demonstrated in this formula, Plantamulse Pastilles has the ability to emulsify a very high percentage oil phase with no “whitening/soaping” effect or greasiness. Rosemary Antioxidant CO2 Extract functions as an excellent anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant. Optiphen serves as the preservative for this formula.
This easy, but elegant recipe will make 500 grams or approximately 16 oz. of cream.
This formula was created by using percentages and weight measurements in grams. For the convenience of those who are just beginning to make toiletries, we have provided the approximate fluid/dry measurements as listed.
|Distilled water||43.9% = 219.5 grams = 1 cup|
|Plantamulse Pastilles||4.0% = 20 grams = 1 TBS + 1 tsp|
|Behenyl Alcohol||4.0% = 20 grams = 2 TBS + 2 tsp|
|Shea Butter||12.0% = 60 grams = 1/3 cup|
|Jojoba Oil||10.0% = 50 grams = 4 TBS|
|Calendula Extract OS||10.0% = 50 grams = 4 TBS|
|Vitapherole T50||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Rosemary Antiox. CO2||0.1% = 0.5 grams = 1/8 tsp.|
|UltraMaize||2.0% = 10 grams = 3 TBS|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Chamomile Hydrosol||5.0% = 25 grams = 2 TBS|
|Rose Hydrosol||5.0% = 25 grams = 2 TBS|
|Chamomile SE CO2 Extract||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Rose PhytoScented Botanical Extract||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
Part A (water phase) - Using a stainless steel pot, heat distilled water to 175F
Part B (oil phase) – Using weigh and pour boats, weigh Ultramaize and set aside. Using a stainless steel pot, combine all other Part B ingredients and heat to melt point (approximately 175F). Remove melted/hot oils from heat. Disperse Ultramaize into hot oils, stirring to separate particles.
- Overhead propeller mixer or high shear homogenizer or stickblender will work. Once cream thickens, switch to handheld wire whisk or other stir tool and stir until completely cool.
- Viscosity and particle size may vary depending on mixer.
- Batch can be scooped into gallon size freezer bag, sealed tightly. Allow 24 hours before dispensing into bottles or jars.
- Emulsion will be thick enough for jars, but can be packaged in airless containers or bottles with pumps.
- This formula is based on The Herbarie ingredients.