- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Olivem 1000 Silky Lotion
Olivem 1000 Silky Lotion is moisturizing and conditioning with an exceptionally silky feel. This formula features silky Olivem 1000 as our primary emulsifier. To increase stability, Glyceryl Stearate is utilized as our secondary, low HLB emulsifier. The Liquid Crystal structure of Olivem 1000 allows for superior skin moisturization and conditioning with outstanding texture and feel.
Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and Botanical Complex LSC provide good nutrition and conditioning benefits to skin.
Avena Oat Extract WS provides excellent moisturization. HEC provides good slip and feel and will build viscosity through the water phase.
|Part One or Oil Phase|
|Olivem 1000||7.0% = 35 grams|
|Glyceryl Stearate||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Jojoba Oil||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Shea Butter||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Extra Virgin Coconut Oil||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Botanical Complex LSC||2.0% = 10 grams|
|HEC||0.3% = 1.5 grams|
|Part Two or Water Phase|
|Distilled Water||68.7% = 343.5 grams|
|Avena Oat Extract WS||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
- Part One: Weigh HEC and set aside. Combine all other ingredients and heat to 175F. Remove from heat source. Add HEC to hot oils while stirring gently to separate particles.
- Part Two: Heat Distilled Water to 175F, add to Part One with mixing. Overhead propeller mixer is recommended. Homogenization is not necessary. Using a stickblender for small batches works fine. As emulsion begins to cool, switch to a handheld stir tool such as our stainless steel wire whip.
- Part Three: When temperature of emulsion cools to 100F or less, combine ingredients and add to combined Part One/Two. Mix well until emulsion is completely cool.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/