- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Luscious Lavender NatraMulsion with Recipe
Our Luscious Lavender NatraMulsion offers a silky smooth feel with refreshing scent of Lavender Essential Oil. This formula is based on NatraMulse. We have combined Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil and our Calendula Extract OS for optimum skin softening, conditioning and moisturization. Avena Oat Extract WS offers skin softening and conditioning characteristics while also providing excellent humectant properties. Mixed tocopherols Vitapherol T50 is used to prevent oxidation. Optiphen is the antimicrobial in this formula.
This easy, but luxurious recipe will make 250 grams or approximately 8 oz. of cream.
This formula was created by using percentages and weight measurements in grams. For the convenience of those who are just beginning to make toiletries, we have provided the approximate fluid/dry measurements as listed.
|Distilled Water||70% = 175 grams = 3/4 cup + 1 tblsp.|
|NatraMulse||8.0% = 20 grams = 3 tblsp.|
|Shea Butter||12.0% = 30 grams = 2 tblsp.|
|Mixed Tocopherols (Vitapherol T50)||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|Jojoba Oil||2.0% = 5 grams = 1+1/2 tsp.|
|Calendula Extract OS||3.0% = 7.50 grams = 1 1/2 tsp|
|Avena Oat Extract WS||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|Lavender Essential Oil||2.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Total||100.0% = 250 grams|
- Part A (water phase) - Using a stainless steel pot, heat distilled water to 175F
- Part B (oil phase) – Using a stainless steel pot, combine Part B ingredients and heat to melt point (approximately 175F). Remove melted/hot oils from heat.
- Add Part A (water phase) to Part B (oil phase). Begin mixing and continue to cool-down.
- Part C (Cool-down phase) - Add ingredients with mixing when temperature is 100F or less.
- Package in jars or Magic Airless dispensers.
- ** Overhead propeller mixer or high shear homogenizer or stickblender will work. Once cream thickens, switch to handheld wire whisk or other stir tool and stir until completely cool.
- ** Viscosity and particle size may vary depending on mixer. High shear mixers such as a stick-blender can be used to create a thicker cream. Propeller mixers or beaters or a hand-held whisk can be also be used to make this recipe.
- ** Batch can be scooped into gallon size freezer bag, sealed tightly. Allow 24 hours before dispensing into bottles or jars.
- ** Emulsion will be thick enough for jars, but can be packaged in airless containers or bottles with pumps.
- ** This formula is based on The Herbarie ingredients.