- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Luscious Bubbles Shampoo or Shower Gel (Recipe)
Naturally derived SMC Taurate Paste and Foaming Oats Surfactant provide luscious foam and gentle cleansing in this clear, gel formula. Raspberry Dimethicone WS is highly substantive, water soluble emollient. Glucamate LT thickens and Optiphen ND preserves this formula. Lavender Essential Oil provides a fresh, clean scent.
Luscious Bubbles Shampoo or Shower Gel is an easy to make formula. This elegant formula is perfect for first-time or experienced formulators.
Please note that our formulas are created using percentages and calculated by weight which is always best and most accurate. We have calculated a 250 gram batch for this formula. In addition, we have provided approximate fluid/volume measurements for those who do not yet have a scale.
|SMC Taurate Paste||30.0% = 75 grams = 5 tablespoons|
|Foaming Oats Surfactant||10.0% = 25 grams = 2 + 1/2 teasp.|
|Distilled Water||51.5% = 128.75 grams = 1/2 cup + 2 tablesp.|
|Raspberry Dimethicone WS||3.0% = 7.5 grams = 1 + 1/2 teasp|
|Optiphen ND||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tblsp.|
|Lavender Essential Oil||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|Glucamate LT||3.5% = 8.75 grams = 1 + 1/2 tsp.|
|Total||100.0% = 250 grams = approx. 8 oz.|
- Combine Part A ingredients and set aside (400ml Tri-pour Beaker is useful).
- Combine Part B ingredients in a separate container (porcelain dish is useful) and add to Part A.
- Slowly add Part C to combined PartAB with gentle stirring (whisk and nylon spatula are useful).
- SMC Taurate will need to be warmed slightly to melt. Combine SMC Taurate and Foaming Oats Surfactant and warm to approx. 100F. Once melted, add the room temperature water to the warmed surfactants. Stir gently. Then continue with formula.
- If finished product is not thick enough, more Glucamate LT can be added.
- For this formula, we are utilizing Raspberry Dimethicone WS as an emollient AND a solubilizer. For best results, premix Raspberry Dimethicone with Lavender Essential Oil and Optiphen ND.