- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Lavender Cream Cleanser
This gentle cleansing formula features SMC Taurate and SCI Pearl as the two ultra gentle cleansing surfactants. Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate (SBL), Behenyl Alcohol, and Glyceryl Stearate provide stability, conditioning and skin smoothing characteristics. This formula is suitable for a facial cleanser or gentle cleanser for sensitive skin. The finished product will be a creamy consistency, suitable for packaging in a bottle with a dispensing pump.
|SMC Taurate||20.0% = 100 grams|
|SCI Pearl||10.0% = 50 grams|
|SBL||10.0% = 50 grams|
|Behenyl Alcohol||8.0% = 40 grams|
|Glyceryl Stearate||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Distilled Water||48.2% = 241 grams|
|Lavender Essential Oil||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Optiphen||0.8% = 4 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
Procedures: Combine ingredients in Part A and heat until completely melted. The Herbarie stainless steel beakers are perfect for heating on a an electric heat top. Do not use a microwave - do not scorch. Remove from heat and gently stir, using a wire whisk (see Equipment & Accessories - Mixing). When mixture is cool (100F or less), add Part B with gentle mixing until incorporated. Package in pump containers. TIP: to more easily dispense into narrow neck bottle, simply scoop cool mixture into a quart freezer bag, close, snip off one corner and dispense into container.
- For more foaming activity/firm product - increase SCI Pearl.
- For more foaming activity/less firm product - increase SCI Pearl and SMC Taurate, decrease fatty alcohols to total 1%, decrease Glyceryl Stearate to 1%, increase distilled water – adjust total formula to 100%.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/