- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Kim's Silky Soft Shampoo
This gentle gel shampoo is excellent for all hair types including color or heat treated hair. SMC Taurate, Foaming Oats, and DLS Mild provide good cleansing and foaming without stripping natural oils from hair. Avena Oat Extract WS, Hydrolyzed Oats and dl panthenol strengthen and smooth the hair shaft. Used at a low percentage, GuarSilk provides just enough conditioning and adds viscosity to this formula. Raspberry Dimethicone WS helps to solubilize essential and fragrance oils, improves wet-combing and adds shine to hair. Crothix Liquid adds viscosity.
|SMC Taurate||25% = 125 grams|
|DLS Mild||15% = 75 grams|
|Foaming Oats Surfactant||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Distilled Water||41.0% = 205 grams|
|GuarSilk||0.2% = 1 gram|
|Hydrolyzed Oats||2.0% = 10 grams|
|DL Panthenol||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Avena Oat Extract WS||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Raspberry Dimethicone WS||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Lavender and/or Geranium EO||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Optiphen ND||0.8% = 4 grams|
|Crothix Liquid||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
- Add GuarSilk to room temperature distilled water and blend/mix well. Hydrate for at least 10 minutes stirring periodically. Set aside.
- In Part A – combine all ingredients and gently warm SMC Taurate until melted. Set aside.
- When GuarSilk is completely hydrated (about 15-20 minutes), combine with Avena Oat Extract WS, Hydrolyzed Oats and dl panthenol. Slowly add to (previously heated/melted) Part A while stirring. Cool down while stirring to 120F or less.
- Combine Raspberry Dimethicone WS and essential oils in a separate container. Add a small amount of cooled surfactant mixture to this mixture. Then add the combined mixture to finished shampoo with gentle mixing. Add Optiphen ND.
- Fragrance Oils and Essential Oils can have a dramatic effect on surfactant based systems. Small percentages are recommended (1% or less) They should be added carefully to a small portion of the shampoo or body wash before adding to the whole batch. AquaEm, CocoEM WS, Raspberry Dimethicone WS are good solubilizers and provide water soluble emolliency.
- Viscosity can vary from batch to batch. If greater viscosity is desired, increase the Crothix Liquid. If less viscosity is desired, decrease Crothix Liquid.
- For bigger bubbles/more foaming, substitute Cocamidopropyl Betaine for the DLS Mild.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/