- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Gentle Oats Baby Wash
This non-irritating, gentle formula was created especially for delicate or sensitive skin and can be used as a body wash or shampoo. Avena Oat Extract WS and VenaSilk will soothe, soften and condition, while Foaming Oats Surfactant gently cleanses. PlantaSol CCG will solubilize as well as add light emolliency without compromising foam.
Finished pH: 6.5
|Foaming Oats Surfactant||34.5% = 172.5 grams|
|PlantaSol CCG||2% = 10 grams|
|Crothix Liquid||3% = 15 grams|
|Avena Oat Extract WS||4% = 20 grams|
|VenaSilk||1% = 5 grams|
|Distilled Water||54.7% = 273.5 grams|
|Optiphen ND||0.8% = 4 grams|
|Total||100% = 500 grams|
- Weigh VenaSilk in a separate container, add PlantaSol CCG, Avena Oat Extract WS, and Optiphen ND. Mix into a paste with gentle stirring and set aside.
- Weigh Foaming Oats Surfactant. Slowly add Foaming Oats Surfactant to the above mixture with gentle stirring until well blended. Add distilled water stirring until well blended.
- Add Crothix Liquid to thicken. Stir until incorporated. Package.
This formula is for babies and therefore doesn't include fragrance or essential oils. For children above one year, 1.0% or less eo may be included. The essentail oil or fragrance should be added to the first mixture including VenaSilk, PlantaSol CCG, etc.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/