- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Foaming Oats Shampoo or Shower Gel
Naturally derived Foaming Oats Surfactant and ultra mild Sodium Coco Sulfate work together to provide luxurious big bubbles and gentle cleansing in this clear, gel formula. Cromollient SCE is our highly substantive, water soluble emollient. Glucamate LT thickens and Optiphen ND preserves this formula. Rose Geranium Essential Oil provides a fresh rose green scent!
Please note that our formulas are created using percentages and calculated by weight which is always best and most accurate. We have calculated a 500gram batch for this formula. In addition, we have provided approximate fluid/volume measurements for those who do not yet have a scale.
|Foaming Oats Surfactant||15.0% = 75 grams = 6 tablesp.|
|Sodium Coco Sulfate||15.0% = 75 grams = 6 tablesp.|
|Distilled Water||62.0% = 310 grams = 1 + 1/2 cup|
|Cromollient SCE||3.0% = 15 grams = 3 teasp|
|Optiphen ND||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tblsp.|
|Rose Geranium Essential Oil||1.0% = 5 grams = 1 tsp.|
|Glucamate LT||3.0% = 15 grams = 3 tsp.|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams = approx. 16 oz.|
- Combine Part A ingredients and set aside. Once Sodium Coco Sulfate has dissolved, check pH and adjust to 5.0 with citric acid.
- Combine Part B ingredients in a separate container (porcelain dish is useful) and add to Part A with gentle stirring.
- Slowly add Part C to combined PartAB with gentle stirring (whisk and nylon spatula are useful).
- Water can be heated prior to adding SCS powder. Remove from heat source and cover until dissolved. Heating the water first can help SCS to dissolve faster but is not necessary.
- Never heat surfactants in a microwave!
- If finished product is not thick enough, more Glucamate LT can be added.