- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
EMT Summer Silk Lotion
This elegant and light, cold-process emulsion is perfect for summer! This lotion is based on our EMT Polymer which provides excellent stability, viscosity and feel. Tamarind Seed Extract offers superior humectant characteristics. Organic High Oleic Sunflower Seed Oil, Calendula Extract OS, and Fractionated Coconut Oil provide light emolliency and conditioning with a non-greasy, silky feel.
This easy-to-make lotion is perfect for beginners. We have calculated a 200 gram batch with approximate volume/fluid measurements.
|EMT Polymer||1.0% = 2 grams = 1/2 teaspoon|
|Sunflower (High Oleic) Seed Oil||10.0% =20 grams =1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons|
|Calendula Extract OS||2.0% = 4 grams = 1 teaspoon|
|Fractionated Coconut Oil||5.0% =10 grams =1 tablespoon|
|Distilled Water||77.7% = 155.4 grams = 2/3 cup|
|Tamarind Seed Extract||3.0% = 6 grams = 1 teaspoon|
|Fragrance Oil||1.0% = 2 grams = 1/2 teaspoon|
|Germall Plus Liquid||0.3% = 0.6 grams = 1/8 teaspoon|
|Total||100.0% = 200 grams = about 7 ounces|
Combine Part A. Add Part B to Part A with mixing. When combined A and B have thickened, add Part C with mixing. Package.
- We recommend packaging this formula in a bottle with a dispensing cap or pump.
- This formula is quite thick. To easily dispense into a bottle, put the finished gelled product into a freezer bag, close the bag, then clip the end and squeeze into the bottle.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/