- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Coconut Shea Body Polish
The Herbarie's Coconut Shea Body Polish features Shea Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate in a decadent, luscious skin-smoothing formula! Sodium Behenyl Lactylate is a very good skin conditioner with humectant characteristics. Sodium Behenyoyl Lactylate, BTMS Conditioning Emulsifier and Shea Butter provide structure and give stability to this formula. Our Shea Butter is thick and creamy, high in essential fatty acids and provides skin conditioning. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is skin-loving oil that is solid at room temperature. Abyssinian Oil and Calendula Extract OS provide lovely skin softening emolliency. BTMS Conditioning Emulsifier and AquaEm provide excellent conditioning and just the right amount of “rinsability” to leave skin silky soft. The sugar in the formula acts as an exfollient which will leave skin feeling soft and smooth. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil lends a fresh coconut scent.
|Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate||10.0% = 50 grams|
|BTMS Conditioning Emulsifier||8.0% = 40 grams|
|AquaEm||8.0% = 40 grams|
|Calendula Extract OS||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Abyssinian Oil||7.0% = 35 grams|
|Extra Virgin Coconut Oil||30.0% = 150 grams|
|Shea Butter||30.0% = 150 grams|
|Vitapherole T-50||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Total||100% = 500 grams|
Procedure: Heat Part A until all solids are melted (approximately 180F). Remove from heat. Stir continuously until mixture begins to solidify. When mixture is cool (less than 50C/122F), add Part B. Mixture will continue to cool and begin to solidify. Add sugar and continue to mix. *Please note: The sugar is not calculated as part of the formulation. It is added at a 1/1 ratio (by weight) to the formulation, which in this case would be 500grams or approximately 1 cup.
- This formula can be used as a gentle facial cleanser with or without the sugar as the exfollient.
- Jojoba Spheres or another exfollient can be substituted for the sugar.
- Please remember to use caution when using scrubs or body polish in the shower as the oils can make the bathtub very slippery.
- BTMS Conditioning Emulsifier and AquaEm enhance the feel of the scrub by providing a "linkage" with the oils and the water from the shower to rinse off/leave on just enough oils so that it will not be too greasy.
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil will lend a fresh coconut scent to this formula. Essential Oils or Fragrance Oils can be added to compliment the coconut scent. Some possibilities include: Peppermint EO, Geranium EO, Chocolate Fragrance Oil, Coffee Fragrance Oil.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/