- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Botanical Moisturizer with Rose Phytolate
Moisturizing, rejuvenating, and conditioning! This moisturizer is based on Natramulse, our natural source emulsifier. Natramulse will help the skin to retain moisture and provide conditioning as well. Botanical extracts, including the new Herbarie Rose Phytolate will serve to rejuvenate and moisturize skin. Rich, nourishing oils, such as Virgin Coconut and Neossance Squalane, will help to condition skin and leave it feeling silky soft.
|Distilled Water||37.7% = 188.5 grams|
|Melissa Hydrosol||15.0% = 75 grams|
|Rose Hydrosol||15.0% = 75 grams|
|NatraMulse||8.0% = 40 grams|
|Extra Virgin Coconut Oil||7.0% = 35 grams|
|Neossance Squalane||3.0% = 15 grams|
|Abyssinian Oil||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Botanical Complex LSC||2.0% = 10 grams|
|HEC||0.3% = 1.5 grams|
|Rose Phytolate||5.0% = 25 grams|
|Coviox T 50||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Fragrance or Essential Oil (optional)|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
- Part A (water phase) - Using a stainless steel pot, heat Rose and Melissa Hydrosols to 175F
- Part B (oil phase) - Using weigh and pour boats, weigh HEC and set aside. Using a stainless steel pot, combine all other Part B ingredients and heat to melt point (approximately 175F).
Remove melted/hot oils from heat. Disperse HEC into hot oils, stirring to separate particles.
Add heated Part A to heated Part B with mixing until emulsion begins to form.
- Part C - Add to cooling (100F or less) emulsion with mixing
* Distilled Water can be used instead of Rose and Melissa Hydrosols
** Overhead propeller mixer or high shear homogenizer or stickblender will work. Once cream thickens, switch to handheld wire whisk or other stir tool and stir until completely cool.
** Viscosity and particle size may vary depending on mixer.
** Batch can be scooped into gallon size freezer bag, sealed tightly. Allow 24 hours before dispensing into bottles or jars.
** Emulsion will be thick enough for jars, but can be packaged in airless containers or bottles with pumps.
** This formula is based on The Herbarie ingredients.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/