- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Artemisia Moon Cream
Artemisia Moon Cream is based on our natural emulsification and conditioning system that includes Sodium Behenyl Lactylate (SBL), Behenyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid and VenaSilk. We have combined our natural emulsification system with Shea Butter, Meadowfoam Oil, Abyssinian Oil and our Botanical Complex LSC for optimum skin softening, conditioning and moisturization. Artemisia Hydrosol is utilized as the entire water phase in this formulation and lends its aromatic and spiritual qualities to this lovely cream. Clary Sage essential oil and Artemisia Hydrosol combine well in this balancing and rejuvenating cream.
|Artemisia Hydrosol||71.5% = 357.5 grams|
|VenaSilk||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Glycerin||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Sodium Behenoyl Lactylate (SBL)||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Behenyl Alcohol||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Stearic Acid||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Shea Butter||12.0% = 60 grams|
|Meadowfoam Seed Oil||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Abyssinian Oil||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Botanical Complex LSC||2.0% = 10 grams|
|Optiphen||1.0% = 5 grams|
|Clary Sage Essential Oil||0.5% = 2.5 grams|
|Total||100.0% = 500 grams|
- Part A: Combine Glycerin and VenaSilk and set aside. Heat Artemisia Hydrosol s to 170 - 175F. Add VenaSilk/Glycerin to heated hydrosol and mix.
- Part B: Combine ingredients and heat to 175F. Add Part A to B with mixing. Cool to 50C/122F (or less), add Part D and mix well until completely cool.
- Other Hydrosols and Essential Oils can be used if desired.
- Other Vegetable Oils if desired. Shea Butter can be replaced with other butters, such as NatraButter, if desired.
- Optiphen can be added to the water phase, but may disrupt the formulation. We have better success when adding it to the cool-down phase.
- High shear mixers such as a stick-blender can be used to create a thicker cream. Our Mini-mixer can be used for tiny batches of 250g or less. Propeller mixers or beaters or a hand-held whisk can be used to created a thinner cream.
DISCLAIMER: This information is to demonstrate how The Herbarie products can be utilized. Our information is based on our own research and is believed to be accurate. We assume no liability for misuse of our products or data and we urge our purchaser to do their own testing to ensure the products meet their own specifications.
The Herbarie at Stoney Hill Farm, Inc., Prosperity, SC 29127https://www.theherbarie.com/