- DIY Cosmetic Base & Kits
- NEW PRICING AND SPECIAL SALE
- New Products
- Actives, Antioxidants & Anti-Aging
- Botanical Extracts
- Butters & Waxes
- CO2 Extracts
- Conditioners, Thickeners, & Structural Agents
- Dried Botanicals & Herbs
- Emulsifiers-Complete for Creams & Lotions
- Equipment & Accessories
- Essential Oils
- Hydrolyzed Proteins
- Nutrients & Vitamins
- Oils & Emollients
- Oils & Emollients - Water Soluble or Dispersible
- Packaging & Containers
- PhytoScented Botanical Extracts and Blends
- Preservatives, Antioxidants, & Chelating Agents
- Thickeners & Conditioners for Surfactant Systems
Apple Surfactant Shower Gel (Recipe)
Naturally derived Apple Surfactant will provide gentle cleansing in this clear, gel formula. Raspberry Dimethicone WS is highly substantive, water soluble emollient. Glucamate LT thickens and Optiphen ND preserves this formula. Rosemary Essential Oil provides a fresh, clean scent.
Apple Surfactant Shampoo or Shower Gel is an easy to make formula. This formula is perfect for first-time or experienced formulators.
Please note that our formulas are created using percentages and calculated by weight which is always best and most accurate. We have calculated a 250 gram batch for this formula. In addition, we have provided approximate fluid/volume measurements for those who do not yet have a scale.
|Apple Surfactant||40.0% = 100 grams = 8 tablespoons|
|Distilled Water||51.5% = 128.75 grams = 1/2 cup + 2 tablesp.|
|Raspberry Dimethicone WS||3.0% = 7.5 grams = 1 + 1/2 teasp|
|Optiphen ND||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tblsp.|
|Rosemary Essential Oil||1.0% = 2.5 grams = 1/2 tsp.|
|Glucamate LT||3.5% = 8.75 grams = 1 + 1/2 tsp.|
|Total||100.0% = 250 grams = approx. 8 oz.|
- Combine Part A ingredients and set aside (400ml Tri-pour Beaker is useful).
- Combine Part B ingredients in a separate container (porcelain dish is useful) and add to Part A
- Slowly add Part C to combined PartAB with gentle stirring (whisk and nylon spatula are useful).
- This formula is not high foaming. For more foaming, add Cocoamidopropyl Betaine or other high foaming surfactant to the formula.
- If finished product is not thick enough, more Glucamate LT can be added.
- For this formula, we are utilizing Raspberry Dimethicone WS as an emollient AND a solubilizer. For best results, premix Raspberry Dimethicone with Rosemary Essential Oil and Optiphen ND.