Citrustem® is one of the newest natural active cosmetic ingredients from Provital! Citrustem is made from orange stem cells and works by organizing the inner structure of the skin for a more younger appearance.
Stem cells are undifferentiated cells found in all multi-cellular organisms. In plants, stem cells are capable of regenerating the entire plant. The stem cells used in Citrustem are sourced from renewable plant material in a sustainable and ecological process, without genetic modifications or solvents.
Citrustem functions by organizing and redensifying the dermis structure which allows skin to recover youthful elasticity and supple softness. Citrustem restores the extracellular network which improves cell adhesion, resulting in a softer, fresher and more youthful appearance.
In Vitro Test
- Increased the expression level of genes that are able to improve the extracellular matrix structure, including genes for collagen type VI, alpha 1; Elastin; and metallopeptidase ADAMTS2.
- Stimulated the proliferation of fibroblasts to increase the synthesis of collagen.
- Increased the production of keratinocyte transglutaminase, which leads to better organization and assembly of epidermal structures.
In Vivo Test on 20 women, aged 41-55 years, 3% Citrustem, used twice per day for 56 days
- Improved the sharpness of microrelief in the skin by 10.4% compared to placebo.
- Microrelief improvement is the visible result of a well organized and structured dermis.
Citrustem Improved the cohesion of the stratum corneum by 11.6% compared to placebo which leads to smoother skin with a silky feel and appearance.
- Skin elasticity increased by 10.06% compared to placebo, equivalent to reversal of 12 years of aging damage.
- Increased the biomechanical elastic recovery of the skin by 11.33% compared to placebo.
- Increased visible skin radiance by 8.5% compared to placebo.
- Increased skin firmness by 6.525% compared to placebo.
- Diminished wrinkles by 6.72% compared to placebo.
Citrustem can be incorporated in many anti-aging formulations and products including:
- Facial anti-aging cosmetics
- Cosmetic products for skin rejuvenation
- Cellular regenerators
- Intensive facial treatments
Characteristics and Formulations Guidelines
- Recommended usage rate: 2.0 - 4.0%
- Appearance: Viscous liquid, white to pale yellow in color
- Glycerin Source: Brassica campestris - PALM FREE
- Preserved with: Sodium Benzoate
- Storage: Store in a clean, cool and dark place
- Shelf Life: 1 Year in original closed container
INCI: Water, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Callus Culture Extract, Xanthan Gum
Caution: Do not directly apply onto your skin.
This product should be added to the formulation at cool-down at the recommended usage rate.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.